Chitrapur Yuvadhara Sabha -wise Activities/Oct-Nov-Dec 2016
1) On Sunday-2nd October, Devi Anushthan practice session was conducted by Smita Baljekar pachi for yuvas. Yuvatis - Sadhvee Bhatkal and Sowmya Bhatkal were first timers.
Yuvas participated in Navaratri Utsav at Bangalore Math.
Yuvas - Tejashree Bailur, Vishal Bailur, Devyani Padubidri and Varun Mallapur participated at Karla Math.
2) Yuvadhara had organised Garba & Dandiya program for laity on 15th October- Kojagari Purnima at Bangalore Math. It was a very enjoyable evening with the participation of Prarthana kids-parents-teachers, around 20 Yuvas and Our Elders. All had a great time dancing to the song selections of Bhavani Nayel pachi, Yuvati -Deepali Savur and to the lovely live music !!! Bhavani Nayel pachi led the dance steps.
(Photos of the event are available in the attached document)
3) To celebrate the festival of Diwali, Yuvati – Deepali Savur had planned a lovely "Bread craft activity of making a “Diya”" for Malleshwaram Junior Prarthana Varg. Children enjoyed the activity.
4) 15 (Fifteen) Bengaluru Dikshit Yuvas signed up for 'Japa-Anushthanam' by 29th October to perform a total of 51 malas (in addition to their usual Japa) in the time frame of 1st-30th November 2016 to celebrate the occasion of Parama Pujya Swamiji’s Janma-divas.
- In preparation towards 13th November event, Guru Pujan practice session was conducted for yuvas by Smita Baljekar pachi on Sunday- 6th Nov at 5:30 p.m. Yuvas - Ankita Karnad & Varun Mallapur were first timers and Yuvati - Sharmila Kumble performed Guru Pujan as a refresher course.
2) As an offering to our Beloved Guru Shrimat Sadyojat Shankarashram Swamiji on His birthday, the yuvas of Bengaluru, performed Guru Pujan on Sunday-13th November 2016. The session commenced with the chanting of the Sabha Prarambha Prarthana followed by a practice of Ninaada conducted by Manju Jamalabad pachi. We then arranged the puja samagri and performed Guru Pujan, chanting the shlokas in unison. We offered our Seva to our Beloved Guru by chanting Shri Guru Paduka Stotram, Shri Parijnanashram Trayodashi and some Guru Bhajans with great enthusiasm. The session concluded with Jayajaykar and Sabha Samapti Prarthana. We then enjoyed a simple yet scrumptious phalar together while exchanging ideas and suggestions for subsequent sessions.
Participants: Akhil Golikere, Kiran Manikere, Rishabh Padukone, Sharmila Kumble, Kushal Bailur, Devyani Padubidri, Varun Mallapur, Manju Jamalabad, Smita Naimpally and Smita Baljekar.
(13th November event/Reported by-Kushal Bailur/Photos of the event are available in the attached document)
3) On 14th November Kartik Purnima was celebrated with Annual Samuhik Durganamaskar at Bangalore Math. Yuvas - Pradnya Ullal, Kartik Ullal, Deepika Sorab, Ankita Hattangadi, Devika Dhareshwar, Sadhvee Bhatkal, Akhil Golikere, Varun Mallapur participated and volunteered in the Utsav.
4) 15 (Fifteen) Bengaluru Dikshit Yuvas who had signed up to perform a total of 51 malas completed 'Japa-Anushthanam' by 30th Novemeber.
1) Yuvas participated and volunteered in Sashti Celebrations at Vitla 4th & 5th December
Yuvas - Sachidanand Manikere, Sachin Kaltod, Vishal Kalbag, Varun Mallapur, Raksha Basrur, Akshay Basrur and Deepika Sorab.
2) 15 (Fifteen) Bengaluru Dikshit Yuvas who had signed up for 'Japa-Anushthanam' to be completed by 30th November. It was offered at the Lotus Feet of Parama Pujya Swamiji at Vitla during Sashti celebrations.
3) The recommendations on crowd management and waste management was presented by the yuvas.
4) Report on Konkani Day by Yuva Representative - Kedar Basrur :-
On the 18th of December, Bengaluru Yuvadhara organised ‘Konkani Day’.
Konkani Day depicted the importance of the language in our daily lives and how essential it is to speak in Konkani. This also helped many of the Yuvas in getting a hold of less often used Konkani vocabulary and helped in learning many Konkani words which can be used in our daily conversations.
Bengaluru Yuvadhara also organised a few games that would make this process of learning more interactive and fun. The games that were played were as follows :-·
Amchigele words with the same meaning used in North and South Kanara areas of Karnataka (Badgi & Tenki as we call them)
Dub-double Amchi words in relation to food (such as – 'nurnuri',‘charchari’,‘bashbashi’)
~Dub-double Amchi words - linking parts of anatomy to aches and pains (such as – ‘dhaddhadu’, ‘bhirbhiru’)
~Rapid fire round on relations (such as – ‘phagar maayi', 'bhacchho’, 'putonyo', 'suna')
This activity acted as an ice-breaker and also got all Yuvas to participate as everyone has a different way of using these words in their daily lives. The events were organised and conducted by Smita Baljekar pachi.
Shortly after this, Smita Baljekar pachi and Udaya Mavinkurve pachi conducted a ‘Ninaada’ session which was an amazing experience as there were a few Yuvas who attended the Ninaada session for the very first time. The Ninaad session went on for a brief 30 minutes where the basics were explained and then practiced accordingly.
The Yuvas who participated in the above events in December 2016 were;
Gowri Trasi, Rachana Amladi, Dhruthiman Padubidri, Sachidanand Manikere, Surabhi Karnad, Nischal Kodange, Kedar Basrur, Prakash Tonse , Prasad Tonse
2nd October 2016: Nava Chandika Homa conducted at Shri Kavle Math on 2nd October 2016 witnessed the active participation of many Sabha members including yuvati-s Ishani Rajpal and Vidya Rao Nippani. They also participated in the Homa along with the other senior members of the community.
6th October 2016: - The monthly -Sadhana panchakam for the month of October 2016 was held at the residence of Shri Udyavar Arvind and Smt Lakshmi Rao and was also attended, among others, by Yuvatis Ishani Rajpal, Vidya Rao Nippani and Jayati Nayel. Yuvati Vidya Rao also took the lead in the Devi Anushtan and chanting of the other stotras of the Panchakam.
9th November 2016:--The Janma Divas of our Poojya Sadyojat Shankarashram Swamiji was celeberated with great devotion by the Sabha, on 9th Nov, 2016, by holding a Guru Poojan followed by Sadhana Panchakam at the residence of Shri Shantish and Smt Sandhya Nayel. The function was attended among others by Yuvatis Ishani Rajpal and Jayati Nayel.
Diwali Event on 12th November 2016: Delhi Sabha conducted a fun-filled cultural event on 12th November 2016 on the occasion of Diwali which saw the active participation of yuva-s and yuvati-s, adding lustre to the event.
Diwali Dhamaal – 12th November 2016 report on the event by Yuvati Divya Kumta
The Diwali get together started off on a vibrant and soulful note with the lighting of the lamp by Jai Shankar Bondal maam and Vasant Tavanandi maam. The premises at Silver Oak, Gurgaon, was tastefully decorated with lovely flowers and rangoli made by Nirmala Bondal Pachi. Everyone took extra efforts to get all the paraphernalia for all the gorgeous decorations on the stage, stairway, podium and portico. The evening throbbed with soulful singing, dance, movie medleys, skit, divine renditions on the flute and the Guitar.
The emcee for the evening was Yuvati Divya Kumta, who kept the audience enthralled with her narration and humor. The evening began on a divine note with a Ganesh Vandana dance by little tiny tots Niara Rege and Navya Rege( the Rege Sisters). The evening then continued into what we can call as a little snippet to show how talented the DELHI AMCHIS are…….. A few glimpses of the programmes that saw Yuva participation that evening was are as follows:
There was an impromptu Passing the Parcel game held for the audience so that everyone was engaged and the punishments given proved to be a display of some real good talent…..
Pratima Rege( Nee Kumble) sand while Vishal Rege danced.
Yuvas Pallavi rao and Akshay rao danced to Badtameez dil
Yuvas Divya Kumta and Pratamesh Kumta sang and danced to Hey Kya Bolti tu.
Yuvati Ishani Rajpal danced gracefully to Dola re Dola Re from the famous Bollywood movie Devdas
3)Yuva Akshay Ullal Rao continued to play the guitar for a melodious Hindi song- Ek Tara from the movie Wake up Sid.
4)Yuvati Akshata Butch led all the lovely women and made them sway and dance to some catchy garbha songs.
5) At one point of time It seemed like Yuva Akshay Ullal Rao was not allowed to leave the stage as he was joined by all the Yuvas – Jayati Nayel, Nikhil Hemmad, Akshata Butch( Nee Kumta), Namrata Kilpady, Killol Butch, Pratima Rege, Vishal Rege, Pallavi Rao, Prathamesh Kumta and Divya, where everyone sang Hotel California.
11th December, 2016
Geeta Jayanti Celeberations.
The Geeta Jayanti celebrations of the Sabha were held on 11th December at the residence of Smt Radhika and Shri Manohar Nirody at Gurgaon.
5 families participated in the programme including 3 yuvas namely, Vaibhav Nayel, Ishani Rajpal and Jayati Nayel.
After opening prayers, Gurupaduka stotra and Parijnana Trayodashi, sabha members recited Dhyana Shloka followed by Chapters 12 and 15. An interesting Quiz on the Gita was then thrown open to all members. The Yuvas actively participated in the recitation and the quiz.
The function concluded with arati, closing prayers and distribution of Prasad
25th December 2016
Heritage walk at Lodhi Gardens
Since Heritage walks organized by Delhi Yuvadhara have been very ,well received it was decided to organise another heritage walk, this time at the popular Lodhi Gardens located in the heart of the city and strewn with old monuments. The walk was thrown open to all Sabha members as well. With a view to tapping yuva talent it was decided that the walk would be conducted by Yuva Sushant Rana—husband of Yuvati Shambhavi Padukone Rana. Sushant works with INTACH and is passionate about old monuments and conservation and hence proved to be the ideal guide for the walk.
Thus 25th December which began as a cold chilly day saw 14 bravehearts of the Sabha gather at the the Lodhi Gardens enthusiastically for the walk. The members included 5 yuvas namely, Ishani Rajpal, Krishni Kaikini,Shambhavi Padukone,,Sushant Rana ,and Shreya Padukone from Ahmedabad Sabha..
A detailed report about the walk by Yuvati Krishni Kaikini, together with some photographs of the walk are attached herewith
1. Soumya Karkal performed Devi Pujan on October 2 during Navaratri, at Sabha Satsang. She also participated in chanting Navaratri Nityapath, Devi Anushthan, Shankaranarayan Geet, Mangal-pada & performed Mangala-arti;
2. Sushant Harite participated in Kojagiri celebrations at Karla - Lakshmi pujan by Parama Pujya Swamiji, Garaba seva & Ninad session on following day. He was also present to applaud the Yuvas during the skit, 'One up Bhanap' by Chitrapur Yuvadhara;
3. Nivedita Gokarn attended practice session of Stotras & Bhajans on Oct 26 to sing during Swamiji's forthcoming camp in Mahalaxmi & Mangeshi temples.
1. During HH's camp in Goa of November 3 - 7, the following were the activities of Yuvadhara :
a) Nivedita Gokarn sang Bhajans & Stotras on November 4 in Mahalaxmi Temple during Paduka pujan, Abhisheka of Devi By Parama Pujya Swamiji & in Dharma Sabha on Nov 5;
b) Satya Kalyanpur participated in Welcome Sabha to Parama Pujya Swamiji at Mangeshi Temple on November 6 & Maharudra-Abhisheka by Parama Pujya Swamiji on November 7;
c) Dhanashree Ubhayakar sang a melodious bhajan during Purvanga of Shiva Pujan performed by Parama Pujya Swamiji at Moolkeshwar Hall in Mangeshi Temple premises on Nov 6.
2. To mark the Janma Diwas of Parama Pujya Swamiji, Nivedita Gokarn, on behalf of Goa Yuvadhara performed Guru Pujan, Devi Anushthan & cake-cutting (pictures attached herewith). Session on 'Ninad' was also held;
3. Soumya Karkal & Sushant Harite performed Japa Anushthanam during November 2016 & completed extra 51 Japa Mala-s to commemorate the Janma Diwas of Parama Pujya Swamiji.
1. Dhanashree Ubhayakar participated in Swamiji's visit to Shree Shantadurga Saunsthan, Goa, on its 450th anniversary of installation of Devi's idol, when Swamiji performed Abhisheka of the Devi on December 2nd
2. Sushant Harite participated in Ninad session by Pujya Swamiji in Santacruz camp on December 18th
On the occasion of Janma divas of our Parama Poojya Swamiji, Yuvas and Yuvatis of Mangalore actively took part in all the activities organized by local sabha. 8 yuvas took part in Gayatri Anushtan and 4 yuvatis performed Devi Anushtan. And moreover as a part of Japa Anushtan, 5 Yuvadhara members took a Sankalp and performed 10 malas each in premises of Shri. Vamanashram Samadhi Math, Mangalore.
Yuvas who took Sankalpa on occasion of Parama Poojya Swamiji's Janma dinotsava, from Mangalore Yuvadhara group performed their Sankalpita Japanushtana during the month of November 2016
1. Mr. Ashwin Cherkal - 51 malas.
2. Miss. Pallavi Gulvady - 51 malas.
3. Miss. Malavika Gulvady - 51 malas.
4. Miss. Manasi Yellore - 75 malas.
Andheri Sabha's green Gurupujan-s
Since Kanakanjali, the Andheri Sabha, Yuvas and Prarthana Varg perform Gurupujan once a month. In continuation of the devotion that they felt during Kanakanjali, it was decided in June 2016 to make the Gurupujans green by responsibly disposing off the Nirmalya. The Nirmalya flowers are taken and composted which ensures they are not thrown in a landfill.
The Yuvas and Prarthana Varg believe in following Parama Pujya Swamiji's footsteps and making a difference to the environment around them.
Composting of the Nirmalya flowers is done by Niyati Mavinkurve.
Niyati and her family have been composting waste since February 2016. This has saved about 80kgs of waste from ending in the landfill in the past 9 months. Niyati has been working to get people to adopt composting so that they can be closer to nature and can reduce pollution and garbage in Mumbai
Andheri Yuvadhara report for October, November and December 2016
(I) Guru Pujan/October 23rd
Yuva participants were:
1. Krupa Chandavarkar
2. Niyati Mavinkurve
3. Aditi Gokarn
4. Tanmay and Poonam Bangalorekar
5. Kedar Chandavarkar
(II) On the auspicious occasion of Sharadiya Navratri 2016, Andheri Sabha Yuvas took Sankalp to perform Japa Anushthanam; to complete 101 malas of Mantra Japa from 1st Oct 2016 to 10th Oct 2016.
The following yuvas participated in the same and completed the Anushthanam:-
1. Nirmit Kumta
2. Nikhil Kumta
3. Niyati Mavinkurve
4. Aditi Gokarn
5. Ashwini Balsekar
6. Ruhi Kuddyady
On 11th of October 2016, on Vijaya Dashami day, the phala samarpan of the Anushthanam was offered at the Lotus Feet of Parama Pujya Swamiji.
(III) Ruhi Kuddyady, Nikhil Kumta, Niyati Mavinkurve and Abhishek Gokarn took part in the Yuvadhara skit ‘One up Bhanap’ which was performed on 15th October 2016 at Karla Math.
(I) On the occasion of Parama Pujya Swamiji’s Janma-divas, which was on 9th November 2016 (as per the Hindu calendar), CYO had planned a 'Japa-Anushthanam' in the month of November as an offering to Parama Pujya Swamiji.
The Andheri Sabha Yuvadhara participated wholeheartedly in the Yuvadhara Japa Anushthanam
Names of participants were:
1. Nikhil Kumta
2. Ruhi Kuddyady
3. Niyati Mavinkurve
4. Nirmit Kumta
5. Kedar Chandavarkar
6. Krupa Chandavarkar
7. Jaidutt Udiavar
8. Anand Nileshwar
II) Also, Andheri Sabha celebrated Swamiji's Janma Divas on 13th November at Shri Ram School. Gurupujan was performed by Prarthana Varg, Yuvadhara and the Laity.
Yuva participants were:
1. Siddharth Adur
2. Tanmay Bangalorekar
3. Aditi Gokarn
4. Niyati Mavinkurve
Following the Gurupujan, a Ninad session was conducted by Sangita Pawar pachi and Chetna Kadle pachi. The response to the Ninad session was very enthusiastic and the Sabha plans to have such sessions in the future.
(I) Guru Pujan/December 25th
Yuva participants were:
1. Krupa Chandavarkar
2. Kedar Chandavarkar
3. Tanmay Bangalorekar
4. Aditi Gokarn
5. Siddharth Adur
6. Svaara Adur (Prarthana varg)
(II) Abhishek Gokarn volunteered on all the days at Tamaki wadi during Shri Datta Jayanti Utsav and at Santacruz during Pujya Swamiji’s camp
During Pujya Swamiji's visit to Talmakiwadi during Datta Jayanti and to Santacruz Colony, five yuva-s; Chirag Trasi, Anvay Kundapur, Kartik Kaikini, Kanaka Shirali and Abhay Talmaki (only at Santacruz) offered their seva as volunteers.
The yuvas had lots to look forward to in October, as rehearsals for the all Yuvadhara skit 'One-up Bhanap,' written and directed by Maithili Padukone, began in full swing. Aditya Chandavarkar, Ankita Chandavarkar, Mohit Karkal, Medha Karkal, Nikhil Kadle, Divya Vinekar, Mitali Puthli and Sharanya Gulvady were the participants from Dadar. The performance was on 15th October. Megha Karkal Agarwal helped with the backstage arrangements.
Along with rehearsals, our yuvas also did Seva at Karla Math. Aditya Chandavarkar, Mohit Karkal, Ankita Chandavarkar, Medha Karkal and Nikhil Kadle joined Prathamesh Kini and Subodh Rao on the 9th of October for the blood donation camp at Karla. On the occasion of Vijaya Dashami, on 11th October, some of our yuvas once again visited Karla Math.
To celebrate Pujya Swamiji's Janmadivas, Guru Pujan was organised at MMM hall on the 9th of November. Mohit Karkal performed Guru Pujan and Aditya Chandavarkar, Medha Karkal and Vaishnavi Honnavar happily joined in the proceedings as well.
Swamiji always emphasises the importance of Japa. So our yuvas thought the best way to celebrate His Janmadivas was to participate in the Japa Anushthana organised from 1st to 30th November. 12 yuvas viz. Aditya Chandavarkar, Ankita Chandavarkar,
Mitali Puthli, Megha Karkal Agarwal Mohit Karkal, Medha Karkal, Niyati Puthli
Sanika Balwally, Poornima Kamath, Ashutosh Baindoor, Vaidehi Savnal and Divya Pawar were a part of the Japa Anushthana.
The Bhagawad Gita recitation competition was held on 27th November and Mitali Puthli won the 1st prize in the 15-30 age group. Ninada sessions are being held regularly in all sabhas and Mohit Karkal took the opportunity to attend the Ninada session held on 29th November at MMM hall.
Pujya Swamiji’s Janmadivas was celebrated on 13 November by the Grant road sabha , where Yuvatis Neha Hoskote and Riddhima Savkur Rao performed Guru Pujan on behalf of the Sabha. They also performed Gurupujan on the punyatithi of Param Pujya Vamanashram Swamiji on 22 November. Both Yuvatis represent the Sabha in performing Gurupujan regularly with much enthusiasm and devotion.
Under the auspices of The Grant Road Sabha, The Grant Road Yuvadhara takes great pleasure in organizing the Bhagwat Gita Competiton (Recitation &Abhivyakti) every year. This year on 27 November, with around 100 participants, the event was handled in a very efficient manner by the following yuvas; Maithili Padukone, Devika Kulkarni, Dipu Manjeshwar, Kshama Basrur, Neel Chandawarkar, Ritvik Nadkarni, Aalok Sujir, Lavanya Shirur, Janhavi Mallapur, Dhanashree Mallapur, Sanjana Kalyanpur, Vaishnavi Balwally , Kanika Nadkarni and , Neha Hoskote. Ankita Chandawarkar and Medha Karkal from Dadar Sabha also joined in on request. They were ably aided by the Sabha members especially at the canteen and senior registration counters.
November 27th 2016
Around 15 Yuvas participated in the Shramadan(Shramadan Seva), cleaning the entire Central Playground at Saraswat Colony, Santacruz
Yuva Mangesh Alekal performed Guru Pujan on November 13, to celebrate Parama Pujya Swamiji's Janma divas. The celebration was organised by Thane sabha at Mulund (East) . Around 20 sadhakas
(Including 3 yuvas present) participated. Though this was not a specific Yuvadhara activity, yuvas took the initiative, and also sang bhajans after the puja.
(xi) VILE PARLE-VAKOLA
Parama Pujya Swamiji was invited to commemorate completion of sixty years of our Sabha. A function was arranged on 19th December 2016 at Guru Prasad society compound.
Vile Parle/Vakola Sabha yuvas; Kiran Gokarn, Gautam Basrur, Yash Shinde, Anshul Bellare and Anirudhha Kembre actively participated and were a great help during Swamiji's visit